Pregnancy and breastfeeding take a toll on the body, and while motherhood is rewarding, many women wish they could gain their pre-pregnancy body back. Dr. Ourian’s Beverly Hills mommy makeover is a highly customizable procedure which offers a more youthful appearance to parts of the body which are most commonly affected by pregnancy, such as the breasts or abdomen. Dr. Ourian is known for performing arguably the best mommy makeover Los Angeles and Beverly Hills have to offer with his detail oriented and thorough approach.
A mommy makeover is a custom-tailored combination of procedures designed to address the many ways that the body is changed after pregnancy and breastfeeding. A mommy makeover may include procedures to restore the breasts to a youthful position and shape, remove loose or excess skin from the abdomen, or repair the labia. Some patients may also choose to add other procedures, such as liposuction, to address other areas as well.
At A Glance
Average Cost: Call Us
Surgery Length: 4 - 6 Hours
Recovery Time: 2 Weeks
So long as you are generally healthy, most patients who would like to gain their pre-pregnancy body back make good candidates for a mommy makeover in Los Angeles. Generally, a good candidate is bothered by the changes that occurred to multiple areas of the body during pregnancy and breastfeeding. You are also advised to wait until you are done having children before undergoing a mommy makeover so you can enjoy your results for years to come.
The procedure is performed under general anesthesia, typically at surgery center, and includes several procedures while are completed in one session. The mommy makeover procedure is a highly customizable procedure, allowing you to address as many or as few concerns and areas of the body as you wish. Before your procedure, Dr. Ourian, a Beverly Hills mommy makeover specialist, will advise a plan for your mommy makeover that will be safe for your health and suitable for your aesthetic goals.
After pregnancy and breastfeeding, the breasts may change shape and position in a number of ways. Your mommy makeover can include a breast lift, breast augmentation, or a combination of these two. Some patients may choose a breast reduction, however, if they feel their breasts are too large after pregnancy.
A breast augmentation uses either saline or silicone implants to increase the size of the breasts. Many patients find that their breasts look “deflated” after breastfeeding. A breast augmentation will restore the youthful firmness and fullness of the breasts.
A breast lift, on the other hand, does not add to the existing breast tissue. Rather, Dr. Ourian will reposition the breasts to a higher, more youthful position. This is beneficial if the breasts appear droopy or you experience sagging after breastfeeding. This can be done with or without a breast augmentation.
Breast reduction with lift can be a solution to uncomfortably or disproportionately large breasts as a result of pregnancy. This procedure removes excess tissue for smaller, more youthful-looking breasts.
A tummy tuck is a common procedure included in a mommy makeover. Tummy tucks serve to remove excess tissue in the abdomen, including loose skin or stubborn pockets of fat. Separated abdominal muscles, or a diastasis recti, are also repaired and tightened during the procedure. This achieves a flatter, toned appearance.
Liposuction is another common procedure included in a mommy makeover. Liposuction is used to remove fat from “stubborn” areas such as the love handles, inner thighs, and bra rolls. Combining liposuction with a tummy tuck helps achieve a beautiful hour glass figure.
Labiaplasty and Vaginal Rejuvenation
During childbirth, the vaginal wall can become damaged and stretched. A vaginoplasty, or “vaginal rejuvenation” procedure can help tighten the vaginal wall, often to the pre-pregnancy state. Childbirth can also damage the labia, as they can become torn or stretched. This can lead to discomfort during activities ranging from exercise to sexual intercourse or cause you to become self-conscious about the appearance of the labia. A labiaplasty is a surgical procedure which addresses these issues.
What Is Mommy Makeover Recovery Like?
The details of your Beverly Hills mommy makeover recovery will vary depending on which specific procedures you have chosen to include. However, there is a general timeline that most patients can expect.
After surgery, you will need a trusted caregiver, such as a friend or family member, to drive you home and assist you in the early stages of your recovery. Patients will also need to arrange assistance in caring for their children for the weeks following their surgery, as you will require rest.
As you heal, you can expect swelling, bruising, and some discomfort in the treated areas. You may be required to wear compression garments, such as a support bra, to help minimize swelling. Drains may also be in place to encourage proper healing. Dr. Ourian will prescribe pain medications to help manage any discomfort in the early stages of your recovery.
Most patients require about 7-10 days to rest and recover at home before returning to non-strenuous activities. Swelling can persist in abdomen for 6 months or more. Dr. Ourian will advise when you may return to activities such as exercise routines by monitoring your healing in follow-up appointments.
While a mommy makeover is a combination of surgical procedures, some patients choose to add other treatments and procedures that are not typically included in the mommy makeover.
Liposuction is a treatment which is commonly included in a mommy makeover. Liposuction permanently removes unwanted fat from various areas of the body, such as the arms, back, love handles or bra rolls. This fat can be transferred to the buttocks and hips in a Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL procedure.
Botox is another popular injectable treatment that may be added to a mommy makeover. Botox is a neurotoxin-based injectable which relaxes the muscles responsible for creating wrinkles around the eyes and through the forehead.
The cost of a Mommy makeover in LA is quite variable, as the procedure is customizable. Each procedure that you include in your mommy makeover will cause the price to increase, and the price of an individual procedure can vary depending on factors like the extent of your surgery and the expertise of your surgeon. For a more accurate cost estimate, you may schedule a complimentary consultation at Ourian Plastic Surgery to discuss which procedures you would like to include in your Los Angeles mommy makeover and what costs you can expect. Dr. Ourian has been regarded many as the best mommy makeover surgeon Los Angeles has to offer.
Frequently asked questions
- Will a mommy makeover remove my c-section scar and stretch marks?
- Depending on the location of your c-section scar and stretch marks, the tummy tuck component of a mommy makeover can address these issues. The tummy tuck scar will be made as low as possible, removing your previous c-section scar, and resulting in a scar that is hidden below the panty line. Additionally, stretch marks in the lower part of the stomach area can be removed. Stretch marks located above the belly button cannot be removed.
- How soon after childbirth can I have a mommy makeover?
- Dr. Ourian advises that you wait at least six months after childbirth before you undergo a mommy makeover. You should also wait until you do not plan to have more children before deciding to have a mommy makeover. You should also not be breastfeeding if you plan on having a breast procedure.
- How can I maintain my mommy makeover results?
- Mommy makeover results are long-lasting assuming that you do not become pregnant after the procedure. Pregnancy can stretch the abdominal muscles that were repaired during the procedure. Generally, the best way to maintain the results of your mommy makeover is to maintain a stable and healthy weight through a healthy diet and exercise routine once you have fully recovered from the surgery.
- How long is mommy makeover recovery?
- Typically, patients can expect to require about 1-2 weeks of rest after their surgery. Residual side effects, like swelling, may persist for a few weeks or more after the surgery, but you should be able to return to normal activities.
- Can I have a mommy makeover if I have not had children?
- The mommy makeover procedure is not exclusively for moms. Rather, it is a combination of surgical procedures that involve enhancements to the breast and abdomen, and is available to patients who are not mothers.
- How long will it take for my mommy makeover scars to heal?
- Scars go through various stages in the healing process. The first major landmark of scar healing is at 6 weeks, at which time scars are considered fully healed in terms of strength. That being said, the scars will fade and continue to improve over the course of one year. During this time, you should use sunblock when going outdoors. Dr. Ourian will recommend his scar care regimen after surgery to best help minimize scars.