The thighs are a common source of self-consciousness, and many people find that they cannot reach their goal appearance no matter how much they exercise or how closely they follow a balanced diet. Excess, stubborn fat with sagging skin in the thighs can persist even among very active people and be a source of frustration for many. In addition, some patients deal with loose skin with insufficient elasticity, which may be due to significant weight loss or other factors. For these patients, Dr. Ourian offers his signature Beverly Hills thigh lift to create slimmer, toned thighs. Dr. Ourian performs among the best thighplasty Los Angeles can lay claim to.
Beverly Hills Thigh lift surgery, also known as a thigh reduction or thighplasty, is a body contouring procedure which surgically removes excess sagging skin and fat from the thighs, resulting in a more sculpted, athletic appearance. This is beneficial for patients who have had little success achieving their ideal shape through exercise or who have loose, excess skin on the legs as a result of dramatic weight loss.
At a Glance
Average Cost: Call Us
Surgery Length: 2 - 4 Hours
Recovery Time: 1 - 2 Weeks
The ideal Los Angeles thigh lift patient is generally healthy overall and is at a stable weight. It is especially beneficial for patients who have loose skin around the thighs or poor skin elasticity, as liposuction alone may not be sufficient to reach ideal results for these patients. Dr. Ourian will determine whether thigh lift surgery is the correct procedure to reach your cosmetic goals during a thorough consultation at his Beverly Hills office.
Traditional thigh lift
Patients with a lot of excess skin will require a traditional thigh lift. An incision us made in the inner thigh, going down the leg to above the knee. Through these incisions, excess tissue may be removed and the thigh will be reshaped for a slim and firm appearance. After the skin excision is complete, the incisions are meticulously closed, in order to reduce scarring.
Scarless Thigh Lift – Mini Thigh lift
Patients with a lesser degree of excess skin in the upper thighs may be candidates for a scarless thigh lift, often called a mini thigh lift or spiral thigh lift. In a scarless thigh lift, a smaller incision that follows the contour of the groin and under the buttock crease is made. This assures that any resulting scars will be inconspicuous. As in a traditional thigh lift, excess skin is excised and the thigh is reshaped for a toned and slim upper thigh.
After your thigh lift in Los Angeles, you will need to have a trusted caregiver, such as a friend or family member, to drive you home and assist you as necessary. You can expect some swelling, and will be required to wear compression garments and may have drains in place. Some bruising, or discomfort are also normal following your procedure. Dr. Ourian will prescribe pain medication to help alleviate discomfort through the early stages of recovery. Most patients require approximately one week after their thigh lift to rest and recover before returning to work or other daily activities. Some residual swelling can last for several months after your surgery, but these side effects should be minimal. You may be required to refrain from more strenuous activities, such as your normal exercise routine, for up to two months after your procedure. Dr. Ourian will monitor your healing process and help you determine when you can return to all normal activities.
What Procedures Can I Combine with My Beverly Hills Thigh Lift
A thigh lift is frequently combined with another body lift procedure. This is commonly the case for patients who have lost a significant amount of weight and are left with loose or sagging skin. For this reason, a thigh lift is commonly paired with an arm lift, which removed excess skin and tissue from the upper arms, or tummy tuck, which removes excess skin and fat deposits from the abdominal area and tightens the abdominal muscles.
A thigh lift may also be paired with a buttock procedure to further enhance the lower body. Depending on your goal results, you may choose to pair a thigh lift with a Brazilian butt lift, which enhances the buttocks through fat transfer, a Sculptra butt lift, which uses an injectable product to increase collagen production, or buttock implants.
A thigh lift may also be paired with liposuction to create a balanced body contour. Using liposuction, Dr. Ourian can permanently remove fat cells from areas such as the arms, abdomen, love handles or bra rolls.
The final cost of a Los Angeles thigh lift procedure varies depending on several factors, including the geographic location where you receive your surgery, the expertise of your surgeon, and the extent of your surgery. Therefore, the cost of a Beverly Hills thigh lift can vary considerably. Dr. Ourian’s patient concierge will give you a more specific estimate for the cost of your procedure during your consultation.
Frequently asked questions
- Does a thigh lift get rid of cellulite?
- It is possible to remove cellulite or improve its appearance through a thigh lift, but this is not true for all patients. While a thigh lift will tighten and smooth the skin, some residual cellulite may remain depending on each patient’s unique anatomy. If removing cellulite is a concern for you, be sure to discuss this with Dr. Ourian during your consultation.
- Can I walk after a thigh lift?
- You should be able to walk after your thigh lift surgery, but may feel some soreness while doing so. In the first few days after your surgery, you should be focused on recovering, but it’s important to get out of bed and walk around to ensure that you avoid complications, such as blood clots in your legs.
- Does a thigh lift leave scars?
- The incisions made during a Beverly Hills thigh lift will leave some scarring. This can be minimized by following aftercare instructions to ensure proper healing. Dr. Ourian will also be careful to place incisions in such a way that they will be inconspicuous and easily concealed under clothing.
- Am I a candidate for liposuction instead of a thigh lift?
- Patients who only have fat but no excess skin in the thigh area may be candidates for liposuction rather than a thigh lift. However, if you have a significant amount of sagging skin with poor contours of the thighs, you may be a better candidate for a thigh lift. Dr. Ourian will discuss both options with you during your consultation.
- What’s the difference between a lower body lift and a thigh lift?
- Thigh lift surgery addresses extra sagging skin in only the inner thigh area. A lower body lift, on the other hand, is more extensive procedure performed on patients after massive weight loss. In a lower body lift, the excess and sagging skin of the abdomen, flanks, and back are removed. The tissues of the buttock and outer thighs can be lifted at the same time.