While today’s traditional breast augmentation can create stunning and natural-looking results, some patients seek subtle changes in the size or shape of their breasts and would prefer to avoid using implants altogether. For these patients, Dr. Ourian’s Beverly Hills natural breast augmentation is an option that can provide the results that they’re looking for. Dr. Ourian is a highly trained and skilled plastic surgeon who is proud to offer arguably the best fat transfer breast augmentation Los Angeles has to offer with his detail-oriented and artistic eye.
Fat transfer breast augmentation, also known as natural breast augmentation, natural breast aug, stem cell breast augmentation, or fat grafting breast augmentation, is a procedure which reshapes and increases the size of the breasts using fat transfer. Fat is removed from unwanted areas of the body, specially processed, and then injected into the breast to create a larger, more contoured breast. Unlike traditional breast augmentation, there are no artificial implants used to achieve the results of this procedure. You will be pleased at how incredibly soft and natural your breast will feel after your procedure – as it is your natural fat.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
At A Glance
Average Cost: N/A
Surgery Length: 2-3 Hours
Recovery Time: 3-5 Days
The ideal candidate for a natural breast augmentation in Los Angeles wishes to subtly increase the size of the breasts or balance asymmetrical breasts while ensuring a natural-appearing result. They should have a sufficient amount of fat in other areas of the body and may even choose the surgery because they wish to reduce these areas in addition to altering the breasts. Patients who are very lean may not be appropriate candidates for the procedure.
In addition, it is important that you are generally healthy overall before undergoing the procedure, which includes being at a healthy and stable weight. In order to ensure proper healing, it’s best that you are also a nonsmoker. Dr. Ourian will determine whether you are a suitable candidate for breast augmentation with fat transfer after a thorough consultation.
The first step to in performing a Los Angeles fat transfer breast augmentation is to remove unwanted fat cells from the donor area, which is most commonly the abdomen, inner or outer thighs, back, love handles or bra rolls. This is achieved using liposuction techniques by inserting a cannula into the area through small five-millimeter incisions. Once sufficient fat has been removed, the incisions are closed and the fat is processed and prepared for transfer. Fat is transferring into the breasts by injections, which is artistically sculpted and positioned by Dr. Ourian to create aesthetically pleasing and natural-looking contoured breasts.
After your Beverly Hills fat transfer breast augmentation procedure, you can expect some bruising and swelling in both the injection sites and donor areas. One of the benefits of choosing natural breast augmentation is that the recovery period tends to be shorter than a traditional breast augmentation. Most patients feel well enough to return to most day-to-day activities as soon as three days after the procedure, but most choose to take about a week off from work to rest and recover. Some swelling and soreness may persist for several weeks after the procedure, however, and you should refrain from more strenuous activity like exercise routines until Dr. Ourian has determined that you have sufficiently healed during a postoperative appointment.
There are several procedures which can be combined with your fat transfer breast augmentation in order to achieve your ideal appearance.
First, some patients choose to pair natural breast augmentation with a Brazilian butt lift, or BBL. This is another fat transfer procedure which augments the buttocks using similar methods to natural breast augmentation. Pairing these two procedures can help create an overall balanced and symmetrical body contour.
While fat transfer breast augmentation uses liposuction to collect the fat to be transferred, you may wish to remove more fat than is actually necessary to complete your breast augmentation. If this is the case, you can pair natural breast augmentation with liposuction in order to sculpt multiple areas of the body and permanently remove stubborn fat cells.
It may sound counter-intuitive, but some patients with very small breasts and thin skin may decide to combine fat transfer breast augmentation with traditional breast augmentation in order to disguise their implants and create a more natural appearance and feel. This combination is not suited to every patient, but is an option that you may consider.
Finally, natural breast augmentation is sometimes chosen as part of a mommy makeover procedure in order to restore the breasts to their pre-pregnancy appearance. A mommy makeover is a combination of procedures which can include tummy tuck, labiaplasty, liposuction, and breast procedures.
The cost of a fat transfer breast augmentation in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills will vary depending on the extent of the procedure, the geographic location where you choose to have your procedure done, the expertise of your surgeon, and other factors. Thus, the cost of Natural breast augmentation in Los Angeles can vary considerably. Dr. Ourian’s patient concierge will give you a more specific cost for your natural breast augmentation during your consultation.
Frequently asked questions
- How much longer can I get with a fat transfer breast augmentation?
- Fat Transfer breast augmentation is designed for patients who want a subtle increase in the size of their breasts. In order to get large volume augmentation, it may be necessary to do more than one round of fat transfer during several sessions.
- Do fat transfers to the breast last?
- Fat transfer to the breasts last forever. However, the results are dependent on how much of the the injected fat will be reabsorbed, which reduces the volume of fat transferred to your breasts. In general, one can expect that about 60% of the fat that is injected during your procedure to remain viable. As such, you may notice that your breasts are over-filled and a bit larger immediately after your procedure, as this eventual and expected loss of fat graft is taken into account. Your final results will become apparent at around 6 months after surgery.
- Does natural breast augmentation leave scars?
- The incisions made to perform liposuction on the donor area will result in scarring, however, these are very small, minimal, and inconspicuous. These scars should fade over time as you heal following the natural breast augmentation procedure. Tiny stab incisions are made to inject the fat into the breasts, which essentially leaves no appreciable scarring.
- Can I breastfeed after a natural breast augmentation
- Your ability to breastfeed should not be affected by a natural breast augmentation. It is advised that you wait at least six months after pregnancy before choosing to undergo a natural breast augmentation.