In the past, liposuction was used strictly to make patients look slimmer. As trends have changed, and with influences from celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, more women are seeking a more curvaceous and voluptuous figure. For this reason, cosmetic patients have increasingly turned to the Brazilian butt lift, or BBL in Beverly Hills. Dr. Ourian, a highly respected plastic surgeon, delivers perhaps the best BBL Los Angeles has to offer.
A Brazilian Buttock Lift, also known as a Brazilian Butt Lift, Brazilian Butt augmentation, or just simply as a BBL, is a fat transfer procedure which removes fat from unwanted areas and replaces those cells into the buttock and hip areas. The result of a BBL is a small, toned waist and a curvier, more defined butt. Since your own fat is used, these results are smoother and have a completely natural feel when compared to other options like silicone implants or injections.
Brazilian Butt Lift
At A Glance
Average Cost: Call Us
Surgery Length: 2 - 4 Hours
Recovery Time: 1 Week
The ideal Los Angeles Brazilian Butt Lift candidate has unwanted areas of fat, typically in the midsection, love handles, bra line and thighs, and wishes to have a fuller, more projected and rounder buttock area. Candidates may have lost a curvier shape due to aging or weight fluctuations or would prefer to change their natural body contour for cosmetic reasons. Before undergoing the surgery, Dr. Ourian will determine whether you have adequate fat storage in unwanted areas of your body to complete the procedure; some patients are simply too lean to be candidates for BBL and are better suited for other treatments.
Our signature Beverly Hills Brazilian Butt Lift is performed under general anesthesia and using a combination of liposuction and fat transfer techniques. A thin cannula is inserted into the areas where the patient wishes to remove fat through small 5 millimeter incisions, producing nearly invisible scars. The fat is then manually manipulated and suctioned out using the cannula.
After harvesting this tissue, fat is purified and prepared for injection. When this is complete, Dr. Ourian will make several small, hidden incisions in the buttock area before carefully injecting the purified fat, sculpting an aesthetically pleasing shape that remains proportionate and in balance with the rest of your body to ensure the results look natural. Once this process is complete, the liposuction and fat transfer incisions will be sutured.
Depending on your aesthetic goals, a BBL alone may not give you the body contour you’re imagining. It’s possible to pair other procedures with BBL to reach your goals without necessitating multiple surgeries over the course of several months or years.
Brazilian butt lifts are achieved through fat transfer using liposuction, but some patients choose to have more fat removed using liposuction than is necessary to complete the butt augmentation. The most common areas to address using liposuction include the abdomen, back, hips, love handles, bra rolls, thighs, and arms. Undergoing liposuction in multiple areas of the body in addition to your BBL procedure offers a sculpted and contoured look throughout the body.
In some cases, excess fat is not the sole reason you may be missing out on a tight and toned physique. Excess loose skin in the abdomen is often caused by pregnancy or drastic weight loss, and can be repaired with a tummy tuck. A tummy tuck procedure tightens the muscles of the abdomen and removes excess skin, revealing a smooth and athletic-looking midsection.
The goal of a high-quality Brazilian Butt lift is to create a proportionately curvy silhouette, but many feel that both their breasts and buttocks are too small. For this reason, you may choose to combine a breast augmentation with a BBL to increase the size of both areas. Breast augmentations are usually completed using saline or silicone implants, but fat transfer techniques similar to those used in BBL are also available. This is known as natural breast augmentation or simply fat transfer breast augmentation. The goal of combining a breast augmentation and BBL is to create a balanced hourglass silhouette.
After your procedure, you can expect swelling in the treatment area and some discomfort which can be treated with pain medication. Bruising is also common. You will likely have compression garments to alleviate swelling and ensure proper healing.
Through the special techniques Dr. Ourian employs during your surgery, it has been his protocol is to allow patients to immediately, but gently, sit on their buttocks after a BBL. During the recovery process, it is important for you walk around several times a day. Most patients are able to return to work or other normal activities within a week to 10 days after their procedure, though many find they feel rested after only a few days. Light exercise, such as brisk walking, can be resumed at about a month after surgery. More vigorous activities, especially those that cause bouncing such as running or dancing, should be reserved for four weeks after the procedure. Dr. Ourian will monitor your healing in post-operative appointments and advise when you can return to certain activity levels.
The cost of a BBL in Los Angeles can vary depending on geographic location, the doctor’s expertise, and how much liposuction needs to be done at the time of surgery. The cost of BBL in Beverly Hills can thus range. The final cost for your surgery will increase if you choose to combine BBL with other procedures. Call Ourian Plastic Surgery today to schedule your complimentary consultation with top plastic surgeon Dr. Ourian, who has earned a reputation as providing some of the best Brazilian butt augmentation Los Angeles & Beverly Hills have to offer.
Frequently asked questions
- When can I sit on my butt after my Brazilian butt lift?
- Through the use of advanced surgical techniques, Dr. Ourian has developed a unique protocol to allow patients to immediately, but gently, sit on their buttocks after a BBL.
- How long do Brazilian butt lift results last?
- The final results of you Brazilian Butt Lift are long lasting. Most patients retain about 60-70% of the fat that is initially transferred. Dr. Ourian performs the procedure with this fact in mind to ensure that you achieve the look you want.
- How much fat do I need for a BBL
- While it’s true that some patients are simply too lean for BBL, this is not true of most patients. Even if you are very fit, Dr. Ourian can likely source the fat necessary to complete a Brazilian butt lift from the abdomen, bra line, thighs, or arms. For some patients, a buttock implant, with or without fat grafting, may be more appropriate. Scheduling a consultation is the best way to accurately determine whether you are a candidate for a Brazilian butt lift.
- When can I work out after Brazilian butt lift?
- Dr. Ourian recommends that you start light exercise about four weeks after your BBL. While fitness is important to a majority of our Beverly Hills and Los Angeles area patients, it’s important that you wait until healing has progressed before resuming more difficult exercise routines.
- How bad are BBL scars?
- Dr. Ourian will make tiny 5-millimeter incisions to perform liposuction and injecting of the fat into the buttocks. The incisions are made in inconspicuous areas of the body and generally heal very well.
- Will my butt feel natural after a BBL?
- Since your own fat is used during a BBL, your buttocks will feel, move and look natural.
- When will I see my final results?
- You will appreciate increased volume in your buttocks right away after surgery. However, you can expect some volume loss in the weeks after your surgery, as not all of the grafted fat is expected to remain viable. You can expect to see the final shape and volume of your buttocks at around three months after your procedure.
- How large will my butt be?
- Dr. Ourian customizes his surgical approach for each patient. A major factor in determining size will be the amount fat you have available for fat transfer to the buttocks. During your consultation, Dr. Ourian will discuss your goals and expectations and come up with an individualized plan for your surgery.