No matter how serious you are about skincare and anti-aging, there are other factors such as genetics, environmental pollutants, and lifestyle choices that can lead to wrinkles and loose, drooping skin. In Los Angeles, sun exposure over time is an added concern for our patients, as it increases signs of aging drastically. A facelift can help reverse these signs of aging offering natural-looking results with a younger version of you – natural, fresh, and rejuvenated. Dr. Ourian has trained at some of the top institutions in the world, and has the expertise to perform high-quality, natural facelifts with exceptional results. It is no surprise that Dr. Ourian is known for performing the among best facelift Los Angeles has available.
Beverly Hills facelift surgery, also known as a rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure which smooths wrinkles and reverses sagging and skin laxity in the midface. This is accomplished by tightening loose skin through small incisions near the ears, which are hidden within the hairline and around the ears. Unlike facelifts of the past, the modern techniques ensure that patients avoid a pulled or pinched look. Instead, the results take years off of the appearance while patients still look like a natural, younger version of themselves.
At A Glance
Average Cost: Call Us
Surgery Length: 4 - 5 Hours
Recovery Time: 1 - 2 Weeks
Anesthesia: Local or General
Our Beverly Hills Facelift is suitable for patients who have one or more of the following concerns:
- Moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles around cheeks, nose, mouth and neck
- Sagging of the skin and tissues in the cheeks
- Loss of volume and hollowing of the cheeks
- Sagging of skin around the jawline that create jowls
- Generalized facial descent
- Loose and poorly contoured neck, resulting in a “double chin” or “turkey neck”
A facelift addresses loose skin and wrinkles in the midface, neck and jawline, meaning that it does not address concerns in the eye area or forehead. Complementary procedures may be paired with the facelift to rejuvenate those areas as well.
Candidates for facelifts should be generally healthy in order to tolerate the surgery and heal properly. The best candidates are nonsmokers, and should not be taking blood thinning medications. Dr. Ourian, a top Beverly Hills facelift surgeon, will determine if a facelift is your best option during your consultation.
Dr. Ourian’s signature Beverly Hills facelift is generally performed under general anesthesia, although some patients may be candidates to have the procedure done under sedation. Incisions are first made in front of and behind the ears, and will be placed for the most inconspicuous scars possible upon healing. Scars are typically hidden by the hairline and natural contours of the face. The incision technique used will be determined by Dr. Ourian. Additional incisions may be made under the chin to achieve a neck lift if necessary.
Once incisions have been made, the tissues of the face are repositioned for a more youthful, elevated look. Dr. Ourian will use one of several techniques to achieve this, including a deep plane facelift approach or a SMAS facelift. Any excess skin will be removed, and when the tissues have been repositioned, the skin will be re-draped over the face. Upon completing these steps, the incisions will be closed.
Facelifts address signs of aging in the midface, but most Los Angeles facelift patients are concerned about aging signs in other areas as well. To address these, facelifts can be paired with other procedures.
Forehead lines, crow’s feet, and sagging eyelids can make you look angry or tired in addition to revealing your age. A brow lift or blepharoplasty can help to alleviate these concerns. If the wrinkles and loose skin in these areas is less severe, nonsurgical options like Botox are also options.
Because lost volume is often to blame for skin laxity, many patients combine facelift with dermal fillers or fat grafting. This restores youthful volume to the face, filling in sunken areas and wrinkles.
After your customized Los Angeles facelift, Dr. Ourian will prescribe pain medication to alleviate any discomfort as you heal. Most patients require about 7 days to recover. During this time, you can expect swelling and mild bruising. You will have compression garments or bandages and drains in place after the procedure to help alleviate with swelling.
Dr. Ourian will advise when you have healed enough to resume more strenuous activities like exercise routines. For most, this occurs at about four weeks post-op. Your healing will be carefully monitored through a series of post-operative appointments.
After your procedure, it is important to keep up with proper skin care to maintain your results. Moisturize your skin daily using high-quality products, and limit sun exposure as much as possible. Facelift results are not considered permanent, because the face continues the aging process even after the surgery. However, with proper care, you can prevent more advanced signs of aging from recurring.
Facelift Recovery Overview
DAY 1: Return home or to overnight recovery facility. Sleep with head of bed elevated, and use cool compresses to minimize swelling.
DAY 2: Drains and dressings removed. Continue to keep head elevated and begin to wear facial compression garment.
DAY 3: Maximum bruising and swelling is expected. Shower with gentle shampooing.
DAY 5-7: Stitches removed. Bruising and swelling begin to resolve. Discontinue use of compression garment.
.WEEKS 2-3: Swelling and bruising almost entirely resolved. Begin to return to normal activity. Light makeup is allowed at this time.
The cost of a facelift in Beverly Hills and the greater Los Angeles area varies according to several factors, including geographic location, surgeon experience, type of anesthesia, and other factors. Additional procedures performed in conjunction with a facelift will incur a higher cost. Dr. Ourian prides himself in providing the highest quality care for his patients. To learn more about the final cost of your facelift surgery, schedule a consultation with Ourian Plastic Surgery.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the best age for a facelift?
- Everyone ages differently, so there is no set age which is the best time for a facelift. Most Los Angeles facelift patients are in their 40s, 50s, and 60s, but a can be done safely in patients in their 70s and 80s, as well.
- How long do facelift results last?
- Because we continue to age even after a facelift, the results can’t be labeled “permanent.” After the procedure, most patients say that they look about 12 years younger. Your facelift results should last about 15 years, and can be extended by taking proper care of your skin using high-quality products and avoiding excess sun exposure.
- Where are the facelift scars and will they be noticeable?
- The scars of a facelift will be hidden in the natural hairline and skin creases. The incisions will be both in front and back of the ear, extending into the temple and scalp. Your scars will continue to fade and improve over the course of a year, to a point where they will imperceptible. Dr. Ourian takes pride in his meticulous suturing and closure techniques, which results in thin, smooth and barely noticeable scars.
- Will my facelift make me look different or make my face look stretched?
- The surgical approach of facelifts has evolved over the years. Dr. Ourian’s modern and customized approach to a facelift is to create a younger version of yourself – without looking “stretched” or unnatural. It is for this reason that Dr. Ourian provides among the best facelift in Beverly Hills.
- When will I be able to see the results of my facelift?
- As the swelling subsides two weeks after your procedure, you will notice that your face, neck and jawline have a more youthful, rejuvenated and rested look. However, it can take months for your final results to emerge. Dr. Ourian will recommend a customized skin care regimen after your procedure to maintain your results.
- Is a facelift painful?
- Facelifts are generally tolerated very well by patients with minimal discomfort. Patients are often surprised at how little discomfort they experience. Any pain can be managed with medication that Dr. Ourian will prescribe.
- When can I wear makeup after my facelift?
- After your procedure, we recommend not wearing makeup for 2 weeks.