Larger lips are growing in popularity, with many people seeking the celebrity look through the use of cosmetic procedures. As trends have changed, and with influences from celebrities such as Kylie Jenner, more women are seeking plumper, more luscious lips. Dr. Ourian provides the best lip fillers Los Angeles has to offer. Lip injections can reference a number of methods to create larger, fuller lips with improved symmetry and shape. Dr. Ourian offers injectable fillers, such as Juvéderm and Restylane, or fat grafting to augment the lips.
Dr. Ourian’s signature Los Angeles lip injections can be achieved either through dermal fillers or fat grafting. Dermal fillers include injectable products such as Juvederm or Restylane, which are typically composed of hyaluronic acid and tend to be the most popular lip filler option. Fat grafting involves injecting fat from elsewhere in the body into the lips for a fuller look.
At A Glance
Average Cost: Call Us
Surgery Length: 15 Minutes
Recovery Time: 3 - 5 Days
Our Beverly Hills Lip Filler procedure may be suitable for those who wish to increase the size and poutiness of their lips. Most patients are good candidates for lip fillers. Dr. Ourian will review your health history during a thorough consultation and determine whether lip fillers are suitable for you.
Lip filler procedures are relatively simple, though the process varies depending on whether the patient has chosen fat grafting or injectable fillers.
When performing lip injections using fillers, Dr. Ourian will first review the various product options with you and determine the formula which best suits your goals. The various brand names and formulas of injectable fillers are generally composed of hyaluronic acid, but the results, longevity, and price of the products vary slightly. After reviewing your goals for the procedure and selecting the correct product for you, a topical numbing cream may be applied. However, many products include lidocaine within their formula, so this step may not be necessary. After numbing has taken place, Dr. Ourian will then carefully and strategically inject the product to create the desired shape.
Fat grafting requires that a patient first have liposuction to collect fat from a donor site. This commonly includes the hips, flanks, abdomen, thighs, or upper arms. The fat is then purified, made into nano fat, and prepared for injection. After these steps, the procedure is quite similar to injections using fillers. Dr. Ourian will use a local anesthetic for the lips so you are comfortable through the procedure, then complete the fat transfer to the lips. The process generally takes an hour and a half to perform.
One of the major benefits of injectable fillers is that patients require essentially no downtime. Some swelling and bruising can be expected, but this should quickly dissipate. It’s best to avoid exercise or other strenuous activity for the rest of the day after receiving injectable fillers, but you are otherwise free to return to your routine immediately after the appointment if you choose.
Recovery after Fat Transfer
After fat transfer to the lips, patients can expect a recovery period typical for liposuction in the donor area, which will include swelling, bruising, and some discomfort. Dr. Ourian may advise you to wear a compression garment to encourage proper healing. Mild discomfort, swelling, and some bruising can be expected in the lips as well. These symptoms generally last 5-7 days after the procedure. Most patients require rest for a day or two after their fat transfer before they are ready to return to work and their normal routine. Other activity, like exercise, can typically be resumed at about a week after the procedure.
What Procedures Can I Combine with Lip Fillers
Beverly Hills lip fillers can be combined with other facial procedures to enhance your overall face and create a more balanced appearance.
For example, some patients may choose to combine their lip injections with a rhinoplasty, or nose job, to create a harmonious look between the two facial features. Rhinoplasty can be chosen to change the shape, size, or projection of the nose.
In addition, patients may choose to have lip fillers because their lips have lost volume due to the natural aging process. If this is the case, they may also wish to address signs of aging throughout the face. This can be accomplished through the use of non surgical procedures, such as a chemical peel or injectable products like dermal fillers or Botox. In particular, these patients may choose a dermal filler for the area around the mouth to reduce fine lines and wrinkles in this area, such as smoker’s lines.
The final cost of your lip injections in Los Angeles will vary depending on your surgeon’s expertise, the geographic location in which you receive your procedure, the type of fillers used, and other factors. After a thorough consultation, Dr. Ourian’s patient concierge will give you a more specific price estimate for your lip fillers.
Frequently asked questions
- Does lip augmentation last forever?
- Lip injections using dermal fillers is not permanent. Depending on factors such as your metabolism and the product used, dermal fillers tend to last 9 months to a year. You may have maintenance injections to keep up with your lip augmentation results. Fat transfer to the lips is more long-lasting. Results can vary for different patients depending on a number of factors. Most fat transfer patients will see permanent results. Others may see results that last five or more years before they require additional treatment.
- Should I choose dermal fillers or fat transfer?
- Choosing between dermal fillers and fat transfer is a personal decision, and there are benefits and downsides to each procedure. Dermal fillers require no downtime and the procedure is entirely non-surgical. However, results are temporary and require maintenance injections every 9-12 months. Fat transfer is a minor surgery, and patients will require a short recovery period. However, results are often more permanent and appear more natural than injectable fillers.
- Can lip augmentation be reversed?
- If you are unsatisfied with the results of a previous lip fillers, there are methods to revise the appearance of your lips. Lip fillers gradually dissipate over time, but it is also possible to dissolve them using another injectable product. Fat transfer to the lips is generally permanent. However, lip augmentation revision is possible in some cases. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Ourian to review your options.