Many patients are self-conscious about excess tissue or fullness around the neck, also called a “double chin,” even if they are at a healthy weight. Neck liposuction can be a solution to this problem, redefining the jawline and neck contour. Dr. Ourian offers among the best neck liposuction Los Angeles has available, helping patients the opportunity to achieve a more refined and toned neck and chin.
Our Los Angeles neck liposuction procedure is designed to create a youthful, contoured jawline by removing unwanted fat from the neck. The procedure is sometimes referred to simply as “double chin surgery.” Neck liposuction may be a less severe alternative to a neck lift for patients who do not have loose skin or lax muscle tone through the area.
At A Glance
Average Cost: Call Us
Surgery Length: 1 Hour
Recovery Time: 1 Week
Anesthesia: Local or General
Candidates for neck liposuction in Beverly Hills have some fullness and excess fat below the chin or throughout the neck. They should be at a stable weight overall, as liposuction is never intended as a weight loss procedure.
Neck liposuction may not be an ideal procedure for patients who also have loose, excess skin through the neck or lax, damaged muscles as liposuction alone may not improve the appearance of their neck and jawline. For these patients, Dr. Ourian may recommend liposuction in conjunction with radiofrequency skin tightening, such as Renuvion J-Plasma or FaceTite. In severe cases, Dr. Ourian may instead suggest a formal neck lift.
Finally, some patients with less excess fat or who wish to avoid surgery altogether may opt for Kybella instead of neck liposuction. Kybella is an injectable product intended to remove excess fat cells from the double chin area.
Our Beverly Hills neck liposuction procedure is performed under local or general anesthesia. First, small incisions are made in strategic areas to target unwanted fat and disguise any resulting scars. Incisions are usually made behind the ears or below the chin. Through these incisions, a cannula is inserted, which is a small surgical tube. The cannula is used to manually break apart fat cells, which are then suctioned away. Dr. When this process is complete, the incisions are closed.
Most patients will be required to wear a supportive chin strap for about 7 days following their neck liposuction procedure. Dr. Ourian will likely suggest that you rest and recover for 3 to 5 days before returning to your regular routine, including work or school. After one week, most neck liposuction patients can return to all normal activities, such as exercise, as directed by Dr. Ourian during follow-up appointments. Most patients will experience some swelling and bruising after neck liposuction, which should dissipate within two weeks.
What Procedures Can I Combine with Neck Liposuction?
Some patients choose to combine neck liposuction with a facelift. In fact, facelift is rarely performed without some form of neck contouring, including liposuction. A facelift reduces sagging, loose skin and tissue through the lower parts of the face, including jowls.
Neck liposuction may also be combined with rhinoplasty. A rhinoplasty is also known as a nose job, and it serves to change the size, shape, or projection of the nose. Neck liposuction and rhinoplasty are sometimes combined to improve the overall symmetry of the patient’s profile, creating balance between the nose and jawline.
Finally, neck liposuction may be combined with buccal fat removal. Buccal fat removal reduces “chubby cheeks” and provides a remarkable transformation of the overall harmony of the lower face and neck when combined with neck liposuction.
The cost of your neck liposuction in Beverly Hills will depend on several factors, including how much whether Renuvion J-Plasma is sued, whether you combine this procedure with another procedure, and other factors. Dr. Ourian’s neck liposuction procedure is of the highest quality, so patients can feel confident in the investment.
Frequently asked questions
- Is neck liposuction safe?
- Dr. Ourian is an expertly trained plastic surgeon, and safety is of paramount importance. Before your procedure, Dr. Ourian will review your health history to ensure you are a safe and suitable candidate. While some risks are present, these are rare and can be avoided by properly following instructions during the recovery process.
- Is neck liposuction permanent?
- Liposuction permanently removes fat cells, meaning that the results of neck liposuction are generally considered permanent. Through improper diet and lack of exercise, it is possible to gain fat after liposuction, but this will generally be seen in different areas from the site of your liposuction procedure.
- Will neck liposuction help with sleep apnea or snoring?
- Some clinical trials have hypothesized that neck liposuction may reduce sleep apnea or snoring, but it is generally believed that this is unsuccessful in treating these issues. Neck liposuction is intended for cosmetic purposes, not to alleviate medical issues.